Neglected Post (and First Birthday) Theatre: "Danger Lights," or Honey Choo Choo

One year ago today I decided to create a movie blog.

Again.

I'd tried before, but I'd lose interest quickly and within a matter of weeks they'd become neglected, dried-up little tumbleweeds of thought rolling across the wind-swept internet.

I didn't know that this one would be different, although I hoped it would. I'd made a small living reviewing movies for a newspaper in the 1980s and '90s, and I missed writing about film. I'd also never had the chance to write about the movies I really love -- ones from the 1930s and '40s.

So I started by writing about a few of my favorites -- "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," "The Best Years of Our Lives," "Blonde Crazy."

And, amazingly, when I finished one post. I'd be eager to start on another.

Even more amazingly, I found myself enjoying the back and forth with other movie bloggers. I am not a joiner by nature, but to be accepted into the Classic Movie Blog Association was a real gift to me. To have contact, even electronically, with the company of talented bloggers who make up the group and get feedback from them on the posts I write has been flattering and encouraging -- maybe it's why I've kept writing.

At any rate, this is to say thank you to all you wonderful people out there in the dark. If you keep reading and responding to what I do I'll do my best to return the favor.

And here's our entry in this edition of Neglected Post Theatre -- "Danger Lights," or Honey Choo Choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment